Tuesday, May 3, 2011

it's....SUPERBABY!!!

In case you didn't catch the post title, we are pregnant! And if you're not a numbers kinda person, that makes EIGHT kiddos we'll have when this new one meets the world. Annnd....in case you're new to me, this blog, or both...this will be my first biological kiddo. I'll have a little half-me running around and that is such an amazing - and amazingly frightening - thing. Two Brennans? Is the world ready...?

Our kiddos are super excited, too. And they are OUR kiddos. I treat these little step-angels of mine like they are already half-me's. I love them and they know it. They were kinda bummed that the baby would only be halfway related to them, but that was an  idea we quashed right then and there. "This will be your brother or sister. That's it. Full or half doesn't matter."

We're a solid team. And now we've got another member on the way.

Oh yea. Some people - like my buddy who just texted me, responding to my Facebook status update - will be like "What?!" EIGHT kids??? You kidding me?!" Which is the natural response. I get it. However...

We have an insane amount of love and excitement for our child-to-be. Codename: SuperBaby.