Monday, November 28, 2011

"Can I be a writer?"

E just asked me that. Um, of course! Last night he showed us his "special sandwich" book he wrote. He folded a bunch of written and colored on memo-sized pieces of paper together like a...book. The sandwich, which I promised him we'd make today, has several of the rainbow colors in it apparently, so we'll see how that pans out. Anyhoo...

        "Can I be a writer?"

He was so excited when he asked me that. I love that he wants to write. And look - he's already got a published book! Today he brought in another, larger book that was about, among other things, a "police dragon king horse." In case you didn't know, allow me to break down what "police dragon king horse" means: He has combined the idea of the police Lego man he has, a Lego horse and then these rotating characters called "Dragon Kings" - depending on who has the cape, Lego torso with the dragon emblem on it or knight's helmet at the time. Rules vary day to day.

He was so cute today coming in and announcing he wants to be a writer. April was doing her make-up and kept "ahh'ing." Then he asked...

                 "Do you think it's a good idea?"

I told him, "I think it's the best idea ever, punkinface!"

No comments:

Post a Comment