Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Reveal

Well, A's on the road and the ex is running late, so 7A looks more like 8A for a morning scoop up. The kiddos are gonna see their 2nd home for the first time and I am pretty - no really! - excited.

I'm excited for them to see the place. The layout. The big back yard. The girls to see their themed rooms - J & lil' A with their funky 'tween rooms, M with her hotel boutique room...and especially (cuz I'm a guy) excited to see how the boys react to the thier pimped out superhero room, complete with side playroom/superhuge walk-in closet stuffed with toys. How awesome it's gonna be to see their faces light up when the only problem is which toy to grab first.

Okay, okay, I may be a bit biased in my choice of rooms, but I'm - again - a guy and I probably still haven't outgrown Legos yet, so this is cool.

So here I am, beginning what may be the first of several blogs about how a life can literally be 180'd in a year's time. No one - and I mean not even my mom - would have pictured me here 365 days ago. A guy dating a single mom of 7? Are you serious? And boy, don't let me get started on how we got here. That may be another blog altogether. But anyhoo...

I'm sitting at my desk in the new house in my new office just waiting. Waiting to see them roll up into the driveway and pile out like a little army. Crazy how that brings a smile to my face just thinking about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment