Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Heads Up, Seven Up

Well, it's unofficially officially July, so that means we get the kiddos for the month. The whole month. And nothing but the month, so help us God - until next month when we go back to the normal custodial situation.

So...A's on the road to scoop the gang up and I'm sitting here, making sure everything is a go back at home base...waiting for the sacking of the Lego Castle. (Check out the "Lego Castle Time!" post on the list if that one zinged passed you.)

I'm going over the toy stash in my head, and I'm thinking we're sittin' pretty. Even have some unopened ones for those spontaneous gift-giving times to be sprinkled here and there should the need arise. So the boys are hooked up.

As far as the girls, I'm a role model-in training at best. I didn't grow up with a sister. I'm not "Uncle Brennan" to any girls. None of my friends that I mingle with on any sort of consistent basis have little girls. I'm pretty much girl-ignorant.

Luckily for me, A is a girl - all grow'd up - so she gets the big picture. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not totally lost here. I helped decorate the rooms and picked out the original "hey, welcome to your second room in your second house" gifts. I even chose a few cool and girlie accessories without A's assistance a couple times. And the boutique room for M? My idea. So, yea...

A team of seven super-soldiers, all specialized in certain aspects of child persuasion, are coming. And I think at least one of them knows karate. And possibly hapkido.

The team's mission? Have fun. Be children.

My mission? Make that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment