Monday, August 29, 2011

Pastor Brennan?

Today I was given new purpose. My direction has been towards God and His Son Jesus Christ for a little bit of time now, but today, that arrow has been sharpened. Today, I was ordained as a minister. That's right, Pastor Brennan McMahon, at His - and your - service. (Side note: Pastoring doesn't always mean preaching from the pulpit. For the time, I intend to use my office to further grow our homeless ministry A Couple Bucks & a Bible, and to help others along the way with my co-Pastor wife. Of course, whatever God calls me to do with this new title is what I'll ultimately do.)

Funny thing, ordination. Ask me three years ago if I'd ever be a pastor and the words would have lost most meaning before all the letters left your lips. No one saw this coming....except April. She saw early on in our relationship that God had bigger plans for me. Plans I thought were not just impossible, but somewhat funny given my worldy past. And tap those brakes, I wasn't a devil or anything, but. my past was materialistic, meaningless, lazy, blasphemous, sinful...unfortunately, normal.

That's right. I was like society wanted me to be. Lost. Tired. Alone. In need of it. "It" being society. "It" being Satan and his goons. "It" should've been Jesus and I should've been kickin' it with Him from the jump, but that ship has sailed, but thank God, another boat just pulled up to the dock!

Well, here I am, just got my confirmation that I was ordained as an independent minister.  I remember saying on this blog that it'd never be about religion. That didn't last. I remember saying I'd never be a pastor. So much for that.

No matter what YOU have planned, GOD has a better one for you. A better job. Better benefits. Better life insurance.

God Bless from the newest Pastor you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment