Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Paul & I

I am a "B" movie version of Paul the Apostle. Maybe a straight-to-the-dollar-theater version. Maybe a token RedBox throwaway. However, he, more like any other man in the Bible, do I relate to most. I fully expect to have a "thorn in my flesh." Don't know what I'm referring to? Check out 2 Corinthians 12: 5-10.

What if I posted that I won the lotto yesterday? How fast would my inbox and cell phone have blown up with "congratulations" and "can I borrow some...?" I didn't want this position for my own personal praise. I knew taking on this role would bring on mixed feelings and hard times.

I don't mind the insults. I will turn the other cheek to give you a second shot.

I don't mind the accusations that I'm not worthy of this position. God called me to do it and too bad He didn't stop to ask you for permission.

I don't mind anything negative that anyone says. It's expected. Look where I came from. Look at my history. Funny that this same "history" should be testament enough that God must've had a hand in my direction, because I was spinning in circles.

My wife, April, supports me. My children support me. They are my launching pad into the great unknown as I try to spread God's word whenever and however He wants me to.


"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" - Romans 10: 14-15

READ THESE ALSO:
Acts 9 
2 Corinthians 10

No comments:

Post a Comment