Wednesday, October 27, 2010

over the hump and through the woods...

Ok, so Halloween is literally just around the corner. Well...not literally. I don't think days have corners. Neither do weeks for that matter. But they do have humps. Wednesday. And today's Wednesday, so maybe I could say Halloween's just over the hump. I don't know. It's close. So...

I need a costume. I was gonna go as the Lone Ranger, but it's too late to order the only halfway decent costume on the planet that is apparently only available in the UK. How oddly unacceptable is that? He was OUR ranger! Ours! Anyhoo...

I am so excited we are taking the kiddos trick-or-treating this year. This should be so fun! All of them dressed up in their things with the things and the things. And A with her Sassy Saloon Girl outfit and me...with a bed sheet and two eye holes? Charlie Brown-style!

Back to the kiddos. I love to see their faces light up with nervous excitement. Like when I tell the boys I bought them new toys and they jump up and down and try to peek behind my back...to where the Star Wars toys are. Or like when the girls, um, see that yet another iCarly or Ghost Whisperer hour of power is coming on next to continue the endless marathon of iCarly's and Ghost Whisperers. Go Couch Potatoes! Number one! But...what if I bought them toys or Legos or something? Would they abandon the TV? Um, doubtful. 10 out of 10 on the doubtful scale.

So, yay Halloween! And a continued "yay!" to early Christmas shopping. And to the idea that at this point in the game, for the younger kiddos, it is not so much that we need to spend the same amount on each kid, but moreso that they need to have the same amount of presents under that tree to open come go-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment