Saturday, October 23, 2010

the walls have 14 ears

There are no secrets in a house with 7 kids.

G lost a toothy-tooth yesterday so we rang up the Tooth Fairy to make a late night visit. $1. Annnnd...speaking of that one dollar, we were woken up this morning with the question, "Can Brennan take me to the dollar store today?" In the hoopla of the lost tooth coupled with the fact that of course I'll take him to the dollar store, I agreed.

E heard this...well, he was sitting right next to me. And then he repeated verbatim, "Can Brennan take me to the dollar store today?"

No sooner did the guilt coupled with the fact that of course I'll take him to the dollar store, did I agree to take him to the store, too.

One...two...thr- The whole house knows. I devised a plan.

Now originally, this idea was to let G spend his TF money on something cool in celebration of toothloss. (Of course, were it me losing a tooth at 32, the exact opposite of  "celebration" would be happening, but he's 7, so par for the course.) On top of going to the dollar store, he had the choice of riding in A's sports car, or my Jeep. He chose the Jeep. Sweet....

...but now, my SUPERCOOL INCLUSION PLAN involves each of the kiddos getting a "me-and-them" trip to fabulous Family Dollar with the choice of which vehicle I will be chauffeuring them in.

And, hey, don't knock it. If you haven't been to Family Dollar, then you are missing out, my friends. For real.

No comments:

Post a Comment