Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Meet Zip Blank

Whilst playing Legos - who? me? - with the kiddos, I came across the idea to infuse a Lego character in my upcoming Star Wars tellings of Bible happenings. His name is Zip Blank, a Rebel Pilot who was knocked off course on his way to attack the Death Star with his fleet during the time of Star Wars IV: A New Hope.

Although  a contemporary of Luke Skywalker's, Zip did not know him, nor does he possess any Jedi skills to his knowledge, or to anyone else's, for that matter. By all accounts, Zip is, and shall continue to be, a normal person like the rest of us. Interacting, engaging and otherwise exploring the countryside of the unknown planet he has been stranded on.

He will come into contact with various figures from the Bible, witnessing the events that occurred so long ago. There will also be cameos from your favorite Star Wars characters sprinkled throughout.

While the stories will be written for my kids to help them understand the stories of the Bible in a more familiar setting, I want anyone to read them who thinks that they want to. 

I will add a link to the storyblog as soon as it starts up.

No comments:

Post a Comment