Saturday, September 11, 2010

Space Out

Space is not just for Millennium Falcons anymore...it's for earthlings like you and me. And I can't speak for you - well, I could, but maybe I shouldn't - but, I need my space - not MySpace, nobody needs that anymore - so I can unwind, recharge and otherwise chill after work.

And yes, this is something that directly relates to A and I, and probably 99.5677% of most all other couples out there in peopleland. Call it "down time." I call it "me time," and I need it from time to time. Mostly daily. I just want to get home, check my email, pay bills (ugh), and kick my feet up after serving the Man for the better part of 15 hours a day, M-F.

By no means should the space takee feel slighted or liked any less, nor should they feel rejected or unwanted. People need space. That is why it was invented. Like sleep helps the body heal itself, space helps the mind clear out the junk drawer.

If anything, the takee should feel happy that the taker will be more pleasant and sociable as soon as rejuvenation process ends.

It's kinda like that Ohh-Ahh feel Mattress Giant is always singing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment