Friday, December 3, 2010

The Action Bible

I just finished reading this amazing comic book-themed phenomenon called The Action Bible. I've never read the Bible. In all my 32 years. Yea, sure, I've read bits and pieces here and there. Never a complete chapter at one time. Not in one sitting. I've been read Scriptures and taught them...but never like this.

I mean, I don't like reading - it causes me to analyze and critique. I had to do it all through middle school to high school to college. Okay, sure, I ended up getting my Bachelor's degree in Literary Studies...a study of literature. Reading and analyzing. But, hey, that was a two-fold plan: Part 1) I only had to take one math class; and, Part 2) It was the closest thing UTD had to a journalism degree. So, yea...

Um, however, that part where I just said, "I don't like reading" can be erased from board. The Action Bible has reopened the door to the room where the passion to read has been hanging out, bored out of it's mind because I left it there since graduating in 2002 with nothing to do but twiddle it's make believe thumbs.

This book has made me want to learn more...about Jesus and the Bible and about the people who have encountered it's power and glory. I'm still not so much interested in "botany" or "the fish of the Atlantic Ocean." Those books can be checked out by the next guy. I'm into Christian books now as well as all the other Divine things He presents us with. (And Star Wars comics. Those are pretty sweet still, too.)

All thanks to The Action Bible. Buy it. For real. It's a great springboard for people like me, and a wonderful refresher for those who need to be refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment