Monday, December 20, 2010

give and let give

A Lego Star Wars Xbox game, a Han Solo action figure, an Iron Man ball and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Four things of E's that I helped him gift wrap as presents for...well, me. He gave me some of his favorite toys for Christmas. On the condition that we share them once I take possession of them. But nobody else can play with them. My presents are just ours. I thought that was pretty awesome. He's such a cool little guy.

Even more awesome is the way he wrapped them, by first dragging out the paper from the hall closet and ripping off a good-sized chunk to surround the various gift with. Who needs scissors? Not a 3 yr-old, I can tell you that.

I was then in charge of using the regular tape, then the clear shipping tape...then the duct tape - tape is not a readily used commodity in our house, hence the scarcity - to seal up any of the rough edges in the artistically-covered multitude of gifts of which I was bestowed for the holidays.

I also noticed that under the tree, there sat a large present wrapped in green paper for me from Lil' A. Plus, I hear she stuffed everyone's stockings with a lil' somethin' somethin' tonight as well...

So it seems that the giving spirit is a-plenty this Christmas at our humble abode. That's actually pretty sweet.

Tomorrow we venture to my mom's to have an early Christmas dinner where we'll exchange gifts with her, Mema (my grandma), my bro and his wife. A painted them an amazing set of three art pieces depicting their three pup-pups. She's a madwoman with acrylics. Scary good.

And the food at my mom's is gonna be my fave: a Mexican-food type of thing with brisket fajitas, homemade salsa, queso, Kroger's bakery's fresh made tortillas (believe it!)...the works. So...

Ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment