Friday, December 31, 2010

this day, I tell ya...

So, down to the wire, 2010 and I are about to duke it out. So far today, hm, let's see...

1.Keys got locked in the car at convenience store - oh, the irony! - just down the road from the Galleria. Had to wait 30 min for our insurance company's version of AAA.

2.At the Galleria, they had nothing I wanted which is awesome because I'm always up for driving way over there to that mall where I get to park on the very top of the parking garage and then buy nothing as I wade through the throngs of mall zombies. Upside? A got her some clothes at her store.

3.Kinda got a little bout o' nausea after eating my fave burger on the planet: Friday's Cheesy Bacon Cheeseburger. Shocker, you say? Well, it tastes good.

4.At lunch, we decide the best idea for our NYE plans is to lay low. Which seems great. However, additional plans include A and my sis-in-law painting a huge masterpiece. Which means go to Michael's for a canvas. Which means go to Kinko's/Fed-Ex/what are they called now? for a superlarge copy of the picture she wants a pop art art piece of so...

5....the canvas is the size of a small planet, which means the top of the convertible goes down, in temps hovering around 50-degrees. Okay, not horrible. Until I sit in front of Kinko's/"insert store name here" and wait for A, idling the car so I can get some heat on my rapidly freezing digits...and we run out of gas. Naturally.

6. I get to walk a nice chunk of pavement over to Tom Thumb's mini-gas station, purchase a "huge" gas tank that holds what I can only assume is "gas moisture" because after 2.3 seconds at the pump, it was overflowing. I hiked back to the car and poured it in the tank. It maybe misted a little in there because I think we almost ran out of gas, again, as we rolled up to the pump.

That brings us to here and now, where we realized that we left Kami running amok in the house the whole time we were gone. I haven't surveyed for any damage yet. I don't want to. I thought A was supposed to put her in the kennel before we left, she thought I was. So....

Hey, 2010. Beat it! We had a lot of good times, but you and me? I don't know...

           Bring on 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment