Saturday, January 1, 2011

okay, 2010 and I are friends again

So, a day to reflect back...I guess I may have been a little too hard on 2010 yesterday. While it did sucker punch me a few times on its last day in the sun, the majority of the year was grand, and several life-altering milestones occurred during its 365-day run. Such as...

Meeting the kiddos. Getting engaged to A. Starting this blog. Beginning my (hopefully) successful writing career as a novelist. I pretty much became an adult - at 32! - this past year. And, truth be told, and as A suggested, and as I had written in a previous post, those trifling last events of 2010 were tests from above. And sadly, letting them get under my skin and allowing them to shift the course of my day, they were tests that I failed.

But, wait. By acknowledging that I failed, is that really a pass? Circular logic. I know.

So 2010 and I are cool again. And I just met this new year, 2011. I hope its nice. To all of us. God bless it and all those walking through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment