Friday, January 7, 2011

"It was torn-nin apart."

"It was torn-nin apart."

Words by J-Boy just now. He and E have migrated to the rug in my office to play Legos. E told me that...

          "Someone threw the spaceship you made me in the Wego box!"

That's when J-Boy informed me of the sad news that the infamous warship I created for E was, ultimately, "torn-nin" apart. This was especially interesting to hear since this ship was an off-shoot of an even larger, more grandiose supercool ship I had made for E a week earlier, that upon some apparent electrical malfunction with the ship's navigational systems, it took a havoc-wreaking nosedive into the playroom floor yesterday. Pieces. Everywhere. Carnage. Unimaginable.

I think I learned something. Don't assume a ship built today, won't be a heap in a Lego scrapyard tonight. But, no matter the cause of the break apart, the kiddos will undeniably ask me to rebuild the ship as if my name was Boeing.

And I'll do it - or usually a new variation of it since I make them off the top of my head - only to then see it rise like a phoenix from the ashes...and back down again in a blaze of plastic brick glory.

Oh! The life of a Lego construction worker...

No comments:

Post a Comment