Friday, January 7, 2011

the desert is like a beach, but without the water

Not that I'm sayin' A and I are like those people who stomped the sands with Moses for 40 years munching on Manna and waiting, waiting, waiting...but we're kinda feelin' like it. 

And maybe our time to shine will come the day I stop complaining and we start listening with our ears, hearts and - oh wow, really? Nice timing...no lie, the boys just came in and E said...

               "Kami pooped on the rug!"

...with a disgusted grimace. Ugh...hey, Moses...wait up, man!

* * * * *

And so...back to the desert. The endless marching. The "no end in sight." I've been making that journey for a long time. Just recently, I upgraded to Christian-level seating, but still, sand, sand and more sand.

Back to my line of thought: Perhaps once I stop shaking fists at the heavens, I can start shaking hands with success and contentment. No one likes a whiner, so why would God be any different?

No comments:

Post a Comment