Tuesday, December 28, 2010

two weeks, I hardly knew ye!

Ugh. When "two weeks" is in the future, it sounds like a long time. Two weeks. Wow. 14 days. That's more than several. But when "two weeks" has just flown by with a ton of laughter, a little crying and a bunch of fun...it seems like the least amount of time in the world.

A just left to take the kiddos back to their dad's after their Christmas break with us. Man this house is quiet now. More like, empty. I'm actually starting to tear up thinking about this...but at least A's not here to see it because she always says she never sees me cry. Of course I do. Cry. What, am I a robot? I've just been on the better side of happy during this past year we've been together.

Deep breath. Okay. Christmas is over, the kids are gone, no more tug-of-war with the Xbox controllers, no more "he stole my Lego dude's hat" and no more running to me when they get hurt wrestling upstairs as if I have magically healing hugs. We had a few bumps and bruises in the upstairs landing/wrestling ring these passed days, but I'm happy to report no injured reserve list at this time

I told the kiddos that, yea, if you wrestle, you may get hurt. Part of any sport. But I limited the guys to no punching or kicking, so the action was mostly grappling and tackling into the couch anyway. Maybe a pillow or four were thrown. These boys are tough. Especially J-Boy who's like a pit bull. Tenacious little dude.

And the girls and I played some Monopoly - M won a game and I won a game upon a declared rematch. We bonded - I guess that's the term - over wedding talk and which of the girls gets to do what during the ceremony.

They went dress shopping a few times with their mom as well. From what I gather, the outings went wonderfully. Stuff is being planned. Events are in the works, that sorta thing. I wasn't allowed on those excursions - being the groom and all - to get the full details, so I rather feel as if I'm on the periph of these things, really just happy to be included.

Yea. So. The kiddos are on their way back to their other home. Wow, it's quiet. Not gonna lie, I need the time to write my novel and get some other stuff done, but I am really looking forward to the next weekend we get them again.

I think we'll go to Cici's.

No comments:

Post a Comment