Friday, December 17, 2010

"I'm punching your buttons!"

Had to laugh - on the inside - when today, at Chili's, with crowded seating at a crowded table, crowded with food, sandwiched in between J-Boy's elbow as he goes for chips and salsa and E...who kept bopping me on the shoulder, namely on a button attached to a flap on my jacket while saying...

          "I'm punching your buttons!"

Punching, pushing, pushing, punching...you get the picture. Of course I wasn't mad at him, not with that smile, but it was kinda funny(ish) that he happened to say those words when, in fact, my patience buttons were being poked. Anyhoo...

Chili's. Eh, it's okay I guess. We went there to meet my mom, who, understandably, is tired of McDonald's. And we kinda are, too, but with 7 kiddos and a hemorrhaging back account, your options get limited. Of course, we can be - and are about to begin the time honored tradition of - cooking at home. It saves money. It's way better for you than fast food. But with home cooking, what you gain in nutrition, you lose in speedy eats. However, that's the price we pay - or don't pay...as much of...I guess.

So, as mentioned in my last post, Aldi will be a new staple around this house. Not so much a name brand guy anyway as I am a good quality guy. And they seem to have some pretty good stuff - minus, of course, my Diet Coke. Which I cannot, in good conscience, deny myself of in fear of making myself go crazy. What?

So, here I am, at my desk writing this. E and J-Boy are upstairs in a land of Star Wars games and Lego build-offs. Kami...well she's barking at a dog in the street right now, actually. All four of us are awaiting the return of A and the rest of the kiddos to begin their Christmas Break adventure.

Sounds kinda fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment