Tuesday, February 8, 2011

God is my content editor

Okay, so I've come to the realization that God - not me - is the one deciding content on this blog about 99.9% of the time. Join me, won't you? As I tell you a story...

About today. Back up, last night. When A and I got home from a friend's testimony, I parked the van that A's ex lent us in exchange for our car for kiddo safety assurance. I simply parked the van, got out, went inside like life was a bowl of cherries. No biggie right? Well, I'm not used to cars who's lights must be manually turned off. Right. Fast forward to...

This morning. After the kids are piled into the van and ready to go to school. Oh, the thing wouldn't start. I left the lights on all night and the battery was DOA. Awesome. So...

We hopped out of the van and crammed into the SUV and cruised on down the road to various schools, dropping off various children, throughout various traffic. All the while in my head, I'm thinking "time to buy some jumper cables."

And we did, hours later, at Wal-Mart. Great story, Brennan. But wait, there's more!

As I hop behind the wheel of our trusty SUV, the car won't start! We actually had to use the jumper cables I just bought for the van for our SUV after flagging down a couple good Samaritans. Probably pretty rough trying to jumpstart a dead battery in one car with a dead battery in the other I'd imagine...

Talk about irony. Talk about content.