Wednesday, February 9, 2011

missing school, but not missin' it

Perhaps snuggling up on the edge of mischievous, A and I played a little trick on J-Girl and Lil' A this morning...

We ran up to their room, banged on their door, and rushed in saying we overslept and they were late for school. Everyone got a good laugh...except for them. Yay, humor!

So apparently school is closed again for day #5 on account of someone spilling their fountain drink in the road and losing a few cubes of ice. Ugh. The kiddos are happy about missing days, but I was like...

     "You won't be happy when you have to make up those days in the summer."

Which to my surprise they replied...

         "Nuh-uh, they don't do that. They aren't allowed to."

Um, what? When I was a kid, I thought they tacked on days like Legos on a plastic brick house. So I asked...

    "What, do they just throw out the syllabus and wing it for the rest of the year?"
             
              "Yep."

Well. Okay then. That's....weird.