Thursday, February 17, 2011

oh, the wedding showers!

Planning a wedding. Planning a move. Scrambling for cash. Buying cars. Selling cars. Writing a book.

Oh, those things? Those are just a few items that have been occupying my time outside the 7 kiddos and Tex-Mex restaurants. But, I did just hook up electricity for our new apartment today, and I have a promising business opp on the horizon. Sooo...yea.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the two wedding showers that have happened in the last week or so.

The first, the bride's shower, hosted by A's mom, was a hit. Despite it being on the tail end of the winter freeze-out of 2011, we had a great turnout.

The place was decorated really nice with our custom wedding invites displayed on the dining table. Adults talked and mingled. Kids played. I mingled and played. And then we all ate some KFC chicken strips that are always good, and some awesome blueberry gelatin dish with whipped cream or something on top that my mom made. I later heard it had coconut or some kind of nut in it - and I momentarily freaked out - but it really did taste good, so I let it go.

The other shower, the groom's shower, was held just last weekend hosted by my sis-n-law at her parent's house and it was a blast. A good portion of people showed up. And a subsequent gift card-stravaganza was amazing. We played this game where everyone, including A and I, had to fill out sheets of paper on how well everyone knew the bride and groom. Kind of an off-shoot of the Newlywed Game, I called it the Nearlywed Game. Ha! Get it? "Nearly" wed. Anyone? No one? High five? No? Um...

We also played Wedding Pictionary, where A and I, picked players one by one, but ended up being guys vs girls anyway. And...the girls won. Later that night, the guys played some frisbee golf, boche ball and archery on the PlayStation 3. Not gonna toot my own horn, but, in archery...I'm kinda awesome. I guess there went the horn...

Both parties were so fun and we are so grateful to our family and friends who came out to celebrate with us. We can't wait for the wedding and to see what God has in store for our married future!