Sunday, August 22, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Pizza Iron Man

There was no room at the inn...for the nine of us today that is. At church. This morning. How funny is that? Literally being turned away from church because it was too packed. I get it. Fire code and all. But, for real...turned away. Mary and Joseph-style. From church! Something, somewhere smacks of irony. I'm not mad, just humored.

So we came home, read the kiddos some Bible verses and got ready for....Cici's Pizza! Yea! Gotta admit, their buffalo chicken pizza is scrum-diddly-umptious! And then you dip it in ranch...wow. So good. And super bonus that it's the kids' favorite eating-type place. Happy and full kids? Battin' a thousand.

After stuffing our faces to the point of bloat, we rolled back the casa for nap time. I needed one the most. Crazy beat. A and my mom took M and they went a-shoppin.' School shoppin.' For the gang, minus E and J, who are still pre-pre-K. They'll get their chance soon enough. Why rush them learnin' books anyhow?

And...after nap time came IRON MAN 2 time! E, an avid Iron Man fan and amateur impersonator, was super excited, but more interesting was the fact that Lil' B, an Incredible Hulk/Wolverine sort of fellow, was the one coming at us with all the "yes!" and "cool!" words...

...so yea, we did the whole "let's all go the movies" thing and it was good. $1 hotdogs? Blissful. $4.25 large cokes? Not as much bliss. Far less bliss. Safe to say, no bliss. Blissless.

But, I am happy to report that the whole weekend was a success. J is starting to get all cuddly bear on me which means I'm either role modeling kinda good-like, or he's just tired of acting too cool for cuddle school. And even Lil' A is starting to talk to me with less "back" attached to it. Two kiddos thawing out in one weekend. Sounds like them odds is in my favor! Yeehaw!

Man, I buy a cowboy hat and suddenly start to go all country. I reckon.

No comments:

Post a Comment