Thursday, August 5, 2010

Just don't go all robot

"Dude, you got a blog now!"

Said to me not so much to be all congratulatory with the high-fives and chest bumps and whatnot, but more so to try and drive home the thought that I'm no longer the guy who goes out every night and knows what bar to go to when and where and all that jazz. I don't even really like jazz. Nope.

It's true though. I'm not that guy anymore. People ask "you been to so and so?" or "what do you think about blah blah blah?" and I'm usually all "huh?" I'm out of the newest, latest, greatest (?) club scene. But, I never really liked clubs in the first place. No sir.

Lemme take this paragraph to mention that A and I, yea we still go out. I didn't drop off the face of the earth, get abducted by aliens or go all robot...I still like to - and kinda still know how to - have fun. Just because you throw the job title of "role model" into the mix doesn't mean you become a wallflower sitting at home letting the world pass you by. Just means you got more on your plate. Hope you're hungry.

And the, "Dude, you have a blog now!" is like "Dude, you can't be going out because you got a ton of kids at home to handle and cartoons and toys and a thousand trips to the grocery store." I'm like 99% sure that's where they're going with that stuff. And it's true. When we have them, they are where our heads are at. But, when the kids are away...the parents will play. Responsibly. It's "let's live this life" time and I'm drivin.' Responsibly.

So anyweezy, my friends like to take Rocky vs Drago-esque jabs at me from time to time. Prob because of my drastic life change over the past year. I get it. And you may get it, too. From your bubble of friends and life-people. But, where they may just have the one life, we have two lives. Like Bruce Wayne. Sweet. All you gotta do is figure out in which life you're the regular dude, and in which you're the superhero.

Role modeling is the new black. Didn't you get the memo?

1 comment:

  1. Brennan! I LOVE the "new you"! Or what I read of it anyway. When do I get to formerly meet Brennan 2.0? Like over a BBQ at my place? Soon? PLEASE?! We can trade lego war stories and revel in the 'sweet life' - cuz, that's def what it is. :)

    ReplyDelete