Thursday, August 19, 2010

Courting

Livin' la vida loca in the fast lane sometimes gets you traffic tickets. And if you don't feel like dropping a bunch of coin on paying the ticket outright, you call up the sharks to get it dismissed. And sometimes that blows up in your face and you end up in...

Court. In the morning. Early. With a gaggle of other people who are in your same boat. Fun stuff.

Anyhoo, that's what happened to me yesterday. Thanks to a ticket I got back four months ago that my lawyer pushed in hopes of dismissal. Fast forward, yea, that didn't pan out. With life and the world revolving every 24 hours as it does, I completely forgot about the court date until an 8p phone call the night before. That was nice.

So, luckily, the boss was cool with it and I was able to scoot on over to the courthouse and...wait. And wait. Seeing other people get dismissed and smile like they were "the next contestant on The Price is Right!" I joked with A that waiting to hear your named called is like the lottery. I never win the lottery.

It's early, I'm rambling and prob not making any points here, but if you were able to discern anything from this, I guess it might be to...stay on top of your traffic tickets? So...you don't have to go to court and waste half your day? Because...that's never fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment