Sunday, August 1, 2010

Until we meet again...

So July has left, and so have the kiddos. They are headed back to their dad's for regularly scheduled programming. We go back to the "every other weekend" thing now. I can't lie and say the peace and quiet isn't soothing - and a bit relaxing to boot! - but, I already kinda miss 'em. Maybe they miss me, too. It's not a cool feeling, that "missing" thing. Who am I gonna play Legos with now? More importantly, how am I gonna play without using the kids as the reason? Oh, Legos, you had me at hello.

I hope this month has meant as much, taught them as much, as it has me. A month is a long time for adults, I can only imagine it must thirty lifetimes for a kid. And it's amazing how a pretty strict regimen of breakfast, Legos or Xbox or both, snack, more Legos, lunch, Nerf gun fight in their superhero costumes, dinner, Legos and bed - for the boys - and, breakfast, TV, snack, TV, lunch, TV, dinner, TV and bed - for the girls - never got old, but it never got old. But Star Wars Legos and iCarly are supercool, so who could ever get tired of them anyway, right?

We get them again next weekend, 'cause that's the way this ball bounces, so it isn't so bad. Perhaps this week will give us the chance to clean up this war-torn (I'm sure I'm exaggerating) house. I have never seen someone - A - clean up so much one minute just to have to turn around and clean up again the next (unless I count my mom when my bro and I were growing up.)

I guess that's why God invented maids, who work by the hour. Smart. Pay me a flat fee? To clean up after seven kids? Everyday? No, no, you pay by the hour. But, we don't have a maid. We have Windex and paper towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment