Monday, August 23, 2010

School Stuff

Man. School started today. One of my buddies cried when he dropped his little boy off at his very first day of kindergarten. Another guy I know was on the verge of tear droppage. I bet I may waterfall a little bit when E and J are no longer just supercool kids, but supercool students. Sniffle.

Speaking of which, today was M's first day of 8th grade. I think it's kinda something - funny maybe? - that A got to gradually grow, ahem, wiser, while raising her wonderful offspring and I'm like - BAM! Your GF has a 13-yr old in 8th grade which means "older" and me were two trains on a collision course and someone broke off the track switcher knob. I didn't get to ease into parenting like an old man into a hot bath. Nope. I jumped in daredevil style from the roof. Head first. Swan dive.

So yep. First day of school. The kiddos reportedly loved it. Which is a bit odd because I remember kids always disliking school, but if it ain't broke...right? I mean there's always recess. Or what I used to tell people my favorite subject was: the bus ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment