Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Betta Fish, Crawdads and Snakes oh my!

Sitting in my office as G comes in and we start talking Betta fish. He wants to buy 10. But, when I said he'd have to buy 10 separate tanks because those little Japanese fighters like to, well, fight, he didn't so much care for the idea after all.

That led to "and this one time" where they were exploring for crawfish - crawdads to a Texan - at his grandma's, two "Diamondheads" (Diamondback snakes I'm assuming) slithered up and they had to abandon their hunt. I told them they are poisonous and to stay away from them. He said yep and then told me...catfish have pointy things that can break a fish tank. Because "this one time" his friend's catfish was being petted, and shot out his pointy things (whiskers?) and broke the glass. Okay.

Then J-Boy came in and they noticed the crickets on my desk for work. They were intrigued. When does it go from boys loving bugs to grown men thinking they're pretty nasty? Childhood. Gotta love it.

Then E came in and looked outside the window and yelled "It's not dark." Ha. Thanks for the head's up.

No comments:

Post a Comment