Saturday, July 31, 2010

I Believe...#9

Kids - much like our four-legged K-9 buddies - can sense when you've been around other kids. It's a gift. Like kid ESP. They smell it on you. Not literally though. Usually. So anyhoo...

No joke, I was on location at a diner yesterday when the owner's two-yr old walked right up to me and started playing games with his menu. Out of the blue like he knew I was safe and cool with the whole "kiddo scene" as a role model and whatnot.

He walks up with the menu, hiding his face from me, then lowering it and laughing. Did it maybe a hundred times. Give or take. He was a funny little dude. I asked him who's menu that was. He said his. I asked him where mine was...and he ran over to the counter and brought me one. He told me "here, this is yours." The menu spoke of fajitas. My favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment