Sunday, July 11, 2010

Table for 13, please.

So this morning went pretty much like every other morning thus far: woke up to stomping feet upstairs that sound - and feel - like they're inside my head and then zombie walk around the house, making an attempt to get myself ready for the day as I try to barter some "me" time in the bathroom that A has fully claimed as her personal domain. So far I can get a few minutes in there for two sheep and a bail of hay.

So we loaded up the truck and moved to Bev-er-ly...Hills that is. Swimmin' pools. Movie stars...Oh wait. We went to church. And the Word was good. Amen.

After which, we were met by my mom, Mema (my grandma), my bro and his wife. We all cruised on over to Cici's Pizza. Which just so happens to be one of the kiddos' favorite places to munch. Who knew? There's neither a big rat cheesing for pictures, nor a robotic wildlife animal hodgepodge band playing happy tunes. But I digress...

We took over that place like an invading army. Tables were moved together. Chairs positioned to our liking. Ambiance altered to our pleasing. Pizzas special ordered simply to amuse us and tickle our collective fancies...and also to satisfy our palettes. We were the kings and queens of promise. Kudos Kings of Leon.

All went very well. Kiddos behaved like champs. Cici's was a success. Cici's will happen again. Prepare thyself, Cici's.

No comments:

Post a Comment