Saturday, July 24, 2010

time and money and life and stuff

I value money. Highly. Blame it on whatever helps you sleep at night. TV. Society. Whatever. It's one of the things that makes the world go 'round. That at the gravitational pull of the moon, the sun and the solar system. And possibly ancient alien technology.

However, above money, I value my time. And when my time is spent being unhappy and sprinkled with a sense of fruitlessness, change needs to happen. There is no worse feeling - for me anyway - than the idea that I'm simply spinning my wheels, treading water, going nowhere fast at my job. The notion that I've put my life, my purpose, on hold for a bigger paycheck is nails on a chalkboard for me. Sometimes, somehow, money edges out time at the finish line. And my money was on time.

There comes a moment where you have to make a choice. And I'm not talking McDonald's or Jack in the Box for lunch, I'm talking life altering, epic changes that need to go down in order to put time and it's value back at the top of the list. 'Cause according to my religion, we only live once. If you're into reincarnation, then rock on, do your thing until you get it right. I just got this one shot on this old blue marble.

So...I've made a decision, marked it down on my brain's to-do list, and circled it. Time won out over money. It then hung up its gloves and retired undefeated so nothing else could challenge it in the ring. I will no longer be a slave to money forcing unhappy times. I will follow my dreams and use whatever talents God has given me to go forth and do what I need to do to ensure bliss.

Maybe you guys should do the same...it's kinda liberating.

No comments:

Post a Comment