Friday, July 16, 2010

My Mom

My mom has been so great with the kiddos. From the get, she has been "grandma" without technically being "grandma," ya know? She loves the kids and they love her. She has done so much in the very short time she has known this lot of 7.

And being intro'd to such a lot couldn't of been a piece of cake to walk into, but she did so effortlessly and it's pretty much amazing.

Of course, sometimes I - being a new role model, from a different era - and she - a role model champion - don't see eye to eye on some issues concerning the kiddos and their kiddo experience.

I truly take all her advice to heart. I let it marinate in my brain and then chew on it, but A has been raising her offspring for years on end, and so far they are rock stars. So what I do is use A's already set ingredients for parenting, throw in a dash of what I think is right and sprinkle in mom's advice throughout...

Seems to be a winning recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. You're a great person with an amazingly large, caring heart and I am so very proud of all you do.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete